Food, Food, And More Glorious Food!

 A great suggestion for saving money from time to time on the grocery bill, is picking your produce for reuse. It's worked great for me, when I had a small rental with a yard.
Whenever you grocery shop, you probably do like I do. I hit the produce section right away. I love produce, but I'd rather grow my own, or buy from Farmers. It's so much fresher, healthier, and you take more pride in growing your own .
I used to come home from work, and enjoy the garden so much, the relaxed feeling I would get from watering my garden everyday . I would water my flowers , and my vegetables.
I guess people thought I was crazy or something, but that's what I do. I talk to my plants and animals. It's a proven fact that animals become more connected to humans, and vocalize more, and plants respond to beautiful music, and quiet loving chit chat in a positive way. So look it up, and talk away to your plants. They love it. 
Also, I'm a naturalist, I used as many natural items as possible to help my garden grow. Besides, the old saying goes, you are what you eat. So I tried to use egg shells, coffee grounds, stuff like that. Anyway, not much went to waste. I'd compost too. Leftovers, egg shells, coffee grounds. I'd use some compost, if necessary for fertilizer, and sometimes(depending on whereI lived), I'd use horse manure, cow manure, maybe rabbit manure(very little)  I always let my son help if he wanted. His little hands were great. He loved helping .


When it came time to pick the produce, my son was always there, but there are a few other things to do first.  I'd  like to  add  that when making a garden, don't think of it as work. Think of it as time to spend with family, and healthier eating, and a big investment that pays off in leaps and bounds. And it's a great way to relax, and put the day behind you, and get a little closer to God. He likes it when you take care of nature, trust me. One of the best ideas is this. When you go grocery shopping, you're already investing into your garden.
Ask your grandparents of good gardening ideas. They have a wealth of information. If they don't have experience in gardening another relative might, or a friend of theirs.
But, a grocery idea that will help you cut back, get started and be garden saavy, is picking your produce before throwing it out. Picking your produce is helpful. 

Before you toss out that orange, dig for the seeds, dry them a bit in the sun. Then plant them if you have your own yard. You'd be surprised. Eating watermelon? Save the seeds, dry them, plant them in a nice open area. Have a fettish for corn? Even if you have a small back yard, you can grow a few stocks, and they are so lush green,  they're enough to brighten up anybody's day. If you don't have the patience to wait for the results of a full ear of corn to grow, then pluck it when it's about 3-5inches long. You now have baby corn like the Chinese food, and it can be eaten cob and all, and it's delicious. Pick your full grown corn if you want plants. The seeds are produced by pulling raw corn from the cob, and letting it dry, then planting it. 


Lemons, pick the seeds before tossing them after use. Even small, pruned trees can be kept inside, and they smell great. Cucumbers..pick the seeds, let them dry on a paper towel in the sun. Same thing with tomatoes, oranges, cantaloupe, almost anything!
Use your smarts. Some herbs may also go on food stamps, and some herb plants. Hey, never hurts to try! Can always take it off at the register if it doesn't work. But try, you never know until you try.(that's an old saying I love) Try growing a few herbs and spices inside, just to freshen up the house a bit.And hec, while you're at that, see if they'll go on the food stamps too. It's eventually edible!!

I hope this has been helpful .
Any suggestions or advice, thank you. For any mentions, should be sent to: tigtagtail@gmail.com



Have a great day!
God bless you.

MRBD
2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening