Weeds, Are They Wiggling Their Way Into Your Garden?

Weeds. They're pests. But you can do some things to get rid of some of them.One of the older, and tried remedies if you have some plants, and flowers, is to put a bit of mulch around them.The best way to find out how much should be around them is to ask the extension office. They help with almost everything.They are a wealth of knowledge.

Another alternative is pluck them out. It's time consuming, but at times you need the relaxation. Weeding the garden used to help me relieve stress. I always felt better after fiddling with the garden.My bulbs were my favorite. I used to dig them up in the spring, and separate them and place them where I wanted my new Gladiolas to be. By Summer, I had a flower bed full of Gladiolas and Elephant Ears.  And I always kept them all trimmed to look nice.

If you want to find out more about natural ways that might help in controlling pests in the garden, looking on the internet may help. No guarantees anything will work real well. You'll just have to try. Some things make sense, some don't. YouTube can be helpful. But like I said, some may help, some not.Some are worth a try.
I've had a little luck in the past. Your best bet though is the Extension Office. These people are there to assist you, and see you succeed. 

Although all of them seem like really great options, you just have to choose the one which you think is best suited for you. I think it depends on a few factors. I usually didn't have many weeds. I guess I was lucky  I pluck them out by hand whenever I walked by one, so it stayed fairly clean. And I sprinkled the gardens with a light mist every evening, so that gave me a chance to check for weeds. As soon as I saw one, it was gone.

Weeds are pretty much going to be around wether we like it, or not. They're part of life. But the question that brings up, is "What purpose do they serve?" Good question. Let's take a look at that. Please be sure to Note: check out the weed video before tackling weed issue, and check with horticulturist using photos. Not all weeds are bad. Some help us in everyday life.I believe that God put us here with everything we need, so most weeds should have a purpose too.

As I said, weeds are not all bad, or a nuisance, but they are annoying at times. There are some weeds which need to be noted. Which explains the reason why I have posted an article about weeds, and  tips about them. There are good useful weeds, and bad ones. You just need to learn the difference between the two. This could be a very helpful piece of knowledge to obtain. I would say don't avoid watching the video about weeds (the first one noted). I plan on watching it myself, because it contains a lot of very important information.

What is a Weed| Gardening Know How Tidbits- Youtube
Never Weed Again! Our Landscape Fabric Explained- YouTube
Elimunate Weeding your Garden Once and for All|Easy,Organic Weed Control- YouTube
5 Weird Ways to Get Rid of Weeds, That Actually Work- Youtube



MRBD
Author/Editor
2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening