Flowers and Herbs To Make Pretty Borders

Everyone enjoys coming home to a nice clean house. And everybody who gardens enjoys a beautiful view on the way to their garden. Why not combine the two?.
Well, you can. It just takes some research, and a little thoughtfulness.
As shown in the next few videos that I dug up for my readers who may be interested in the subject. I know, I may be wandering off the path a bit, and I know very little about herbs, but now I get to learn some new, and very interesting facts right along with you. See, you can always learn something new. I really enjoyed researching these videos.

Another question that came to mind as I watched these was "How are they prepared for cooking?" So, I researched that as well. And "PUFF!" you have a video which explains preparation as well
Then another question came to mind:" What if you would rather store then for use later?!" And "PUFF"  I researched that for my readers as well..
So, I've done all the homework for you. All you have to do is enjoy.

These are very informative videos in the following. I learned a lot. There are some very interesting and beautiful ways in which to arrange herbs and flowers as well.There is also a short video included which is for those who are on a very tight budget, and have very limited space, or cannot plant in a yard at all.

As I took some Horticulture in High School, I did not complete it, so therefore I did not get the  chance to learn about Herbs. But I've always wanted to. Now, I have. The nearest Extension Office is a very good agency to find out what may be best suited for your climate. Their Master Gardeners are so available to happily help as well.

Also included is a short piece on planting some herbs in a upward fashion in order to save space. It all depends on what you prefer, as well as what is best suited for your situation. It's all about space. You may want to come up with your own ideas. There are many types of unusual containers to be used for herbs. 

The closest I've gotten so far to an Herb garden has been in Galveston. It was one of their very pretty sitting gardens full of flowers. It was very beautiful and peaceful. There were many birds of all types in it 
to enjoy as well. As I researched the subject of herbs, I stumbled upon an interesting article about freezing herbs for longer storage. I had no idea this was possible, so this was a very interesting article for me as well. There are several sites noted, since Herb sites a little sparse and harder to find. The subject doesn't seem to be as popular as the others.For those of you who planned to attend the and sale on the 28th March, I do not know if they are having it. I would assume not. But call and check if you need to.



Sited: Roots and Ruffage" Grow Sakad Greens All Year Round" on youtube, and has a great idea if you are renting and have no planting space, and are on a tight budget.
https://mcmga.com
montgomery.agrilife.org.
Gardeningknowhow.com- YouTube
Fiskas-"Vertical Hanging Herb Garden for Small Spaces Outdoors"- YouTube
Herbs|P. Allen Smith"Cooking Classics"- YouTube
"12 Cooking Herbs Every Cook Sgould Know About!"- YouTube
Never Use an Oven to Dry Herbs Again with this Century Old Method-youtube
Thekitchn.com- youtube
There may be one or two typo errors in the article. Please excuse those I was up till midnight with this one. Lots of researching to find stuff. I hope you enjoy the article, and find it as informative as I did 



MRBD
2013













MRBD
2013


Thekitchen.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening