Using Plastic Tarp

Use of plastic has been a life long debate among farmers that have larger gardens. I have never had a very large garden, so I never really felt the need for it. 
Gardeners  use it to help them with less water usage, and to keep weeds out. It also appears to help eliminate pests that are harmful to your plants.

Many farm-folk have debated about whether the black, or clear plastic is best to use when it comes to gardening, but I think it becomes fairly clear on  their site which one is the winner.
I always had a small garden, and never really had any trouble. Perhaps I was just lucky. I don't know. 
Their's is a very helpful site on YouTube that can be of great use to those who are interested in using more helpful gardening tips. It is full of honest, straight-forward helpful hints on gardening.

There is also another product called "Netting".This is a very useful product when it comes to keeping those smaller bothersome insects out of a garden, like ladybugs, and so forth.
You can find out more about this product on a site as well.
They have a very interesting site, which gives you a lot of good information.

Another option is a fairly new idea out there, and that is "Vertical Gardening". It may prove a bit more tasking for some, but could be a great option for other people. I (my opinion), think it would be a great option, especially if you are going for more area in a small yard. But that's my opinion. It also presents many added benefits. 

It's worth looking into. I found a wonderful site for that too. This site gives a wealth of information, and I may have to go back to some classes myself to learn a few new gardening tips. I truly believe that planting vertical may become the thing of the future. It's a YouTube site, but the only name I could find to site was the title
It was a very informative site, had plenty of information, and is thinking ahead in terms of growing in the future, and is budget minded. (As an alternative to buying those plant holders), I would use styrofoam, and cut openings. Works just as well, if on a shoestring budget.

I have always loved gardening. It is a great stress reliever, and gets me out of the house, and into the great outdoors again to enjoy the peace and quiet, and embrace nature again. I hope you will enjoy it too.

deepsoutbhomestead #homestead # oldtimey- YouTube
www.harrodhorticulturral.com/ga- YouTube
"Easy To Grow Hydroponic Lettuce Using The Kratky Method"- YouTube


MRBD
2013




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening