Rooting, Grafting and Freezing Fruit


I want to make this clear before getting started with the article. I have not got much experience with fruit trees. Although I always wanted to have one, I never had the land of my own for one.
There are several links on this blog loaded with helpful information. I hope these will help you. Please use whichever is best suited for you. I have found them to be very useful, and full of needed information.

If you're going to graft trees, please check with the extension service first. They can assist you in deciding what is best for you. There is some confusing information about Grafting, so check with them first. Their site has been noted below to help and there is a reminder next to it for you. Freezing fruits is also on here as well. I researched the subject, and sited the best and most reliable source I could locate.

Rooting seems to be a wonderful option. And growing dwarf Fruit trees is on here for those who have very limited space. Grafting is an idea which should really be researched, and thought through. Apparently, if not done carefully, there can be dire consequences later on.
Fruit can help sustain a family. You can grow some dwarf trees, which don't get too large, and learn how to can them, or freeze them, so they'll last for months. As seen in one of these videos, they don't have to take up a lot of space, and can be very useful .

 Although rooting may take a bit more patience, it seems to be the least expensive and most effective
method of getting good results. And canning, or freezing appears to bring optimum results for making your produce last as long as possible. There is a large amount of fruit to be thought of.Some of which I haven't heard if in several years or not at all. For example, the loquat or many others. I'd like to try the Cherry Guava. I bet it's delicious. Or the dragon fruit. It looks so juicy, and sweet! Mmmmm .

Becoming self- sustaining is an achievement in itself. You'll reap what you sow by the benefits of fresh air, fresh vegetables, fresh fruit, and healthier living.
Grafting fruit trees can be an experience to learn from, and though it takes patience, and time the results can be very gratifying. This is a craft which takes some time and patience to learn, and research. This is something I am doing a bit of learning of. The subject interests me a great deal.

The good thing about planting your own veggies is that you may not have to keep going to buy groceries as much. Wedge grafting looks like an interesting subject. I am going to be researching that, and will be posting a link from it soon.

Especially right now at times like this with the sheltering in place, having a garden comes in very useful.

I hope you find this article helpful, and enjoy using the following links.
MRBD
2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening