Make Room!!! Growth Room for Very Small Areas

No matter where you live, unless you have a real stickler of a landlord, you can plant anywhere. 

There are lots of really unique ideas out there for plants. Even an old cowboy hat turned upside down can be used to as a planter. Just put some cloth, foil, or plastic on the bottom to keep it from draining on furniture etc... If using a cloth, please be sure to add foil, or plastic underneath it to keep it from leaking on the furniture.

There are a multitude of helpful ideas on the internet. Also as an added benefit there are suggestions of some remedies for lacking some of the needed nutrients and they are very inexpensive and handy as well.
There are ways to grow plants at an upward angle, and ways to hang them to save space. There are easier planting methods for those with little time, and there are watering methods for anyone who is unable to be home, and is a loner, and has nobody to assist while they are away.

There's something else to be looked at as well. The location of this garden if you are putting it outside. Make sure that it gets the amount of sun needed each day, and water or have a watering system nearby. Of course if you are using mulch of some type, then you won't have to water it as much.

One good way I always gauged an approximate growth size for a planting for my plants was this idea I came up with as I observed the growth of trees and plants. I was looking at some trees one day in another state I lived in. As I did a plumber was talking to someone I knew. But as he began to go deeper into the conversation he mentioned the growth of some of the trees, and bushes on their property, and said that " Oftentimes, you have to consider what you are planting, and where. Some can be planted too close to a home, causing big problems later on down the road." I guess the point is: Know the root system of possible root growth. Be sure to find out whether they need to have plenty of room for length, or if it's okay to plant closer to a home. Just better to be safe than sorry. 

Myself, I always plant trees, or bushes where they have some growing room. And I think of the limbs as arms, so I figure their legs(roots), are a bit longer and need extra stretching room. I try to figure the circumference of the branches, is the circumference of the roots. Just the way I play it safe. At the moment I'm in a small space, so therefore am in a very limited space for growing so I'm absolutely delighted with my couple pea plants that have sprouted along My mouth is watering just thinking of eating those peas later. 

MRBD
2013


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening