Shrubs or Tree

Shrubs, or trees. Which would you prefer.  Some prefer trees. I choose to have both in the yard . If you're going to have shrubs though, let me suggest this:please put them about 1ft. away from any windows, this way it's safer for the family. It would be easier to check the perimeter of the hose if needed. And try not to put them near where you walk to the front entrance. You'll want to keep that open for safety.

When planting shrubs how do you tell which is which? Easy, shrubs generally have several branches for a base, and trees have one. Sometimes a tree might have two, but that's not as common 

If you're still trying to figure out what thrives best in your locality, it's best check with the local extension office wherever you are. They are always very helpful, and know what suits your climate best. If you are in the south, one of the shrubs that bloom well, and can come in very nice variety of springtime colors is the Azalea. And it can be pruned to look nice. Once they take root, they pretty much do the rest on their own.

If it's greenery you would like to have, I myself would choose Juniper. It's lush braches set off a great backdrop for Azaleas. They have to be pampered a bit though, so if you don't mind clipping occasionally, they'll do fine. I would like to make a suggestion for anyone who might like some pretty backdrop opinion , if you like the smell of the Juniper, and the color of Azaleas, why not alternate them. This would set off a lovely background for a front yard.

I'm notorious for making my own splash of a backdrop. I usually don't listen to warnings of not placing one plant near another. This can be costly sometimes for planting, but go on instinct, and most of the time, I've had no problems with the issue of that. Guess I've been lucky .

Depending on your ornamental preference, you may choose to plant something a little vining if you're willing to be careful, and upkeep it, due to growth. For some gardeners this may give them an excuse to get out in the yard more often. I would use it for that If you do plant something vining, please give it something in order for it to climb upon, as it will climb , and some may take over other plants if they've got nw no place to roam

A Bouginvillia is a decent vining kind of shrub- tree looking tree. It's long- legged and vines. It can be quite tall,and slim, and is beautiful if put in the right setting. They thrive well in the south, and are very pretty. I've seen them take over walls in Louisiana. They're very pretty if taken care of well.

Well, there you have it. Another issue. Please excuse the gym drum of it. I had some other issues which had to be dealt with all day, so I just sat down at about6 to write this one out by thought alone.

Below are a couple of sites which I think you may find useful. Again, so sorry for the tie- up. It's been a hectic week so far. 

Thank you for your patience to all of my readers. I never forget how devoted you have been. I know some of you. I really appreciate your support. Always be sure to check with your extension office if you can on wether a tree, plant, or shrub can handle your climate. You don't want to waste money or time growing something that does not thrive well in your environment.

Difference between trees and shrubs- subshrubs - youtube- Garden Fundamentals
5 Fruit trees that are easy to grow in the home garden-Selfsufficientme- YouTube
montgomery.agrilife.org






MRBD
2013











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening