Squirrels....Are They Driving You Nuts???

I never really had any trouble with creatures like Squirrels and stuff. I guess I was just lucky. Squirrels and birds can be a pesky bunch though. There is netting to keep the birds out of your garden, and there are options for the Squirrels and stuff too. Although I've no idea which works best. I have done some research and found out that  there are videos on the internet  that have opinions for anyone gardening.

Me, I'd just try to put something out of the area to distract them. To me, it's like feeding a raccoon. If your gonna feed them do it away from the area, and put it where you don't mind them being. Like away from the residence. I enjoy wildlife, and I believe that God put them here with a job to do. Just like honey bees do their's. They make what we benefit from. So do many other animals. So they all pretty much serve a purpose.

But, upon researching the subject matter, there seem to be several options for detouring little critters, although Australia seems to have several ( It looks like a bit more invasive) rugged critters. So I have done my research based on the little beggars there. They can be cute, but are hungry little things, and seem very determined. 

From what I understand, the lightweight fabric we use here most of the time seems to be a bit easier for little beggers to get through one way, or another. There are solutions. Always ask around, and try different things. Some may work well, some may not.  So far there have been lighter Netting bags, but they still don't quite hold up to the squirrels.

They want the fruit bad, and they'll get it. Another option was large chunks of soap that has a very strong odor to it. Wether it works, or not I have never tried it so check around. An idea I came up with was to give them what they want, but away from the garden, but they'd most likely call all their pals.

No. I researched, and found that several different types of nets still have issues. There is only one net (And that was in Australia), that seemed to take the best challenge as far as bags go. It worked pretty well. The other alternative is to put a small guage wiring around the entire planting area to be protected, but that seems like a larger expense, and more work. 

No. The best alternative so far seems to be the bags that are pretty rugged. So I've a hands up to the Australian group that seems to have stumbled on what may by all reasonably priced standards , work the best without toxins, and within a decent pinching budget.

I myself have never had the pleasure of dealing with the squirrels and other small critters. I had a garden when I was in a rural area where there didn't seem to be as many of them around. I suppose I was just lucky. I had a veggie garden  three times, and been lucky each time, thank God. 

So to all devoted gardeners, I bid you a goodnight, and hope you all have success, and sleep well. Stay safe, and have fun while you can stay home enjoy it by planting and harvesting more. 

I thank ALL my constant flow of readers, and hope that all of you have found this article useful. Enjoy the vids sited. And please give credit where due for assistance in seeing what works effectively.
Bagging Fruit to Protect it from Animals and Birds- Instead of Netting Whole Tree- Self Sufficient Me- YouTube
Neighbor Thought Woman Was Crazy for Putting Irish Spring inHer Yard Until They found Out Why.- Facts Verse- YouTube






MRBD
2013




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening