An Experimental Touch


Just for jokes I have accidently broken my silly Pea plants, so I have restated them as hydroponis plants. So far, so good. They are still alive since this morning. Hopefully they will do well. If they survive it will show that you can not only start seedds by soaking them, but regrow what you thought to be a lost cause. This could help a lot. Also, if it works well, I may start putting many others in the same type of growing pattern.

I have also put my basil, beets, onion, and peppers on small pieces of damp sponges in containers to see how they do. If spring starts, this may be the start of hydroponics stage I may redirect my growing to that. I've heard a lot of hydroponics in past researched I sifted through, but never considered it.  It may be a good alternative, and actually use less water. I don't know, well just have to wait and see . You could still use micro veggies, it just may need a twist on things. I haven't thought about that yet.

I have seen videos in the past of very good success with this type of gardening. In a way if you have ever grown any vegetable in a glass of water(rooted it), you're practicing the use of hydroponics I think, so why not grow it in water? And split a sponge stick it in the slit as seen on bright side, and go from there? The only thing I'm doing different is adding a bit of Miracle Grow to the water. Just to give it some stuff it needs in the grow mix.

Like I said the Peas have survived all day, and I couldn't be happier.  I can't really do all the carrying of the planters right now anyway. Still recovering. And Im getting sore. If this does work, I don't know what I'll do with the potting soil I have. Hmm. I'll think of something I guess.

So, since planting something hydroponicly, I have done a little research on the subject, and this is what I've located. If you have an interest in growing vegetables hydroponically, it does NOT have to be a very expensive thing to do. There are sites which I have researched, and there are some very interesting advantages to the idea of hydroponics, and there are a wealth of very inexpensive ways to get started with it. The first site gives some advantages of growing in this manner. The second shows some very inexpensive videos(several), on how to do this with very little expense when starting out. Some supplies have even been purchased at the dollar store. I hope you've enjoyed this article as much as I've enjoyed learning about it. Happy Gardening .

smartgardenguide.com
Cheap Easy DIY Hydroponics with Mike VanDuzee- YouTube

MRBD
2013



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening