Eat It All Leaves Too!?

Yes. Some vegetables are absolutely totally able to be consumed. And, to make it even better, some can be regrown too!
Depends on what you choose to plant. Anyway, there are many sites out there to assist. The best way to start is small.

Choose what you would really use right now. Your favorite stuff. Plant just a few and see how they do. Then if they do well, do some more. But as I said, some can be eaten completely. Beets are one of them. Leaves, and stems too. Another is Carrots, and for some more advice is a website which is very helpful. 

There are more than twelve vegetables that have leaves that you can eat. I also sited a website in which some farmers with several years behind them are helping  identify some of the vegetables that are best to grow right now and what type of wether they will tolerate. They also mention what does best in a crisis situation. So, if you have a garden, and need some new ideas some of these may help . 

Oh, my hydroponics didn't work out so well. I was hoping for less struggle with the planters, but it was too warm for them. Most wilted so I had to regrow. Oh well, I tried. Canning is a great way to preserve your food if you know how to do that. It's a plus in my book. Now would be a good time to do some of that.

I have noted some useful places to find information on that subject too in case anyone would like to try their hand at that. Sometimes just allowing to dry and storing is an option with some things like beans,  Which are great to have if in a pinch because there are so many ways in which to use them.

As far as Canning goes, I've noted a site I thought was good for that as well. Apparently there's a little more to canning than thought of at first. But I think it's an awesome idea!  I think this is a new project that should be taken on if I ever find a place of my own to move into.

At the beginning of this article I mentioned that there are vegetables in which you can eat the leaves, and some the stems as well. Amazingly, there are over 12 .This is a very interesting subject because it means so much less waste. I've also included a site for reading up on that subject also. I hope that some of my readers would be interested in reading up on Canning some of their vegetables. It looks like a very good subject, and would be a wise investment for the future.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this article as much as I've enjoyed writing it. Have a wonderful time Gardening, and thank you so much for continuing to read my articles. Thank you for your support.

Some of the Best Vegetables to Grow in Times of Crisis- Homsreaders of America Collaboration- Boss Tools, YouTube
9 Survival Gardening Crops to Grow in a Apocolyptic Time- YouTube
12 Perfect Vefetables to Grow in Shady Garden Space- youtube

Canning 101: Start Here- YouTube
aggie- horticulture.tamu edu- Secondary Edible Parts of Vegetables- YouTube

Although sometimes I may need a day off. Or sometimes I try to bring you all the best information that I can find, I hope my readers will understand if an article is a bit late, or articles are posted at different hours. Just know that I'm working hard on researching and double checking things to do my best, and juggling home issues too.
But your article will somehow make there for your coffee, or relaxing cup of cappacino. Reminds me, I could go for that right now. Have not had that in years.



-


MRBD
2013









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening