Spinach

If you're looking for something to grow that will not take much space, and is fairly easy to maintain then this fella is helpful. Spinach, and any dark leafy vegetable is really good for you. I'm pushing the dark leafy vegetables because Drs. say that they are really good for us, and boy we need all the nutritional plants going in the garden right now that we can get.

Let's begin with space. This is a very dark leafy vegetable, with which is so good for you, you can eat the stems and leaves as well. There are many great recipes for it too. It grows up to four- six inches in height, and six- eight inches in width. So this lad takes minimal room, and would suit anyone with little space.

I would suggest exposing the spinach to at least three-four hours of sun. Spinach only takes about seven-ten days to germinate. Twenty-one if cooler. They would probably be better if they were in a shady/sunny place, a little of both. At about thirty-five to forty-five days, they should be ready to harvest.  When they develop five to six leaves. I would wait for six, but that's just me. Baby spinach leaves are sweeter to the taste. 


Egg drop- I got this idea years ago when I was out eating dinner with a good friend. Crack an egg into a pan of boiling water with just a pinch of sugar, and a squeeze of tangerine into it . If you really enjoy tangerine, add more. Add Cabbage, chopped green onions, a little orange bell pepper (or whichever color you prefer), one sprig of Parsley, and about four or five leaves of spinach, and about four slices of yellow squash , boil for just about three or for minutes to make sure egg is cooked and tada! Lunch. Makes a delicious snack for anytime, and very filling (you may also hard boil the egg, and saute the veggies in butter, then add to juice.) I use roughly 1/2-1 cup of water when boiling all together. You may need to figure what works for you. I don't measure in my recipes. I taste test as I cook usually.

Or, if you prefer, you can eat it in the rough as it is. Spinach stems are edible. It's a little rough that way, but better nutritiously for you I think. And no fuss involved  . Roughage is good for us anyhow. Another thing that you can do is saute the stems of the leaves, and toss them into a salad. Put a few Cherry tomatoes in there, and voila you have a meal. Always be sure to rinse your vegetables before using in any cooking . You never know how many people have been handling it. As your spinach and other veggies get bigger, and mature more, you'll want to protect against pests like iPods, and others, so be prepared to get some type of netting to cover your vegetables with. I'm not too picky, I just make sure they're covered with something for starters and deal with any troubles later as it comes along.

I hope you enjoyed this article as much as I enjoyed researching it. Thank you for your continued support.

https://Veggieharvest.com>Vegetables
10 Flavorful Ways to Cook Spinach- onegreenplanet.org
Direct Sow all Your Vegetable Seed Into the Garden- Self Sufficiet Me- youtube

Thank you very much for continuously viewing my research.






MRBD
2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening