Pick Them

Pick your favorites. There are those who would choose their favorite vegetables to grow if they had to. So, how about you? I'd choose about six, or seven. The reason I would choose five is because you would need some things to snack on too if possible. I think my favorite would be Corn, because then you could choose a leafy greens that has nutrition to grow nearby. Like for example pole beans, or some peas that could wrap around it, and are also have great value as far as nutrition goes.

Then I would grow yellow peppers, which would give great flavor to almost anything, and scallions in between, and then Spinach for dark green leafy nutrition, and probably some brussel Sprouts if I could to give that great dark green vegetable nutrition we need, and to give Peas something to twist around, and Peanuts because Sweet potatoes, for that sweet tooth I have every once in a while.

When it comes to growing Vegetables I've almost always had good fortune. Usually had a yard to put it in , but right now I'm in a bit of a different situation for the time being. But hopefully some day that will change for the better. But, usually I pretty much out whatever in the ground, and I've had good luck. I guess I just have a knack what to put and where to plant it. If it's a veggie which goes well in the cooler climate, I've put it in the shade and dampened it well in the evening. Sometimes I've had to experiment. Which I'm doing right now. But eventually I'll figure what works best in my little space.


Broccoli and Sweet potatoes make a great appetizer. Especially straight out of the garden . Sautee'd with just apich of real butter, browned just a bit, add some fresh Spinach for that extra green value you need even put a couple hard boiled eggs on the side with a bit of basil sprinkled over all, and you've got a great meal. Nice lightweight dinner. 

Yellow Peppers fresh out of your garden. Mmmmm..yummy. Cut the center out,( save the seeds for later), chop some scallions,(green onions), scape some Corn into skillet, brown with a bit of butter, pour into your pepper toss green onions over that, cut up brussel sprouts into quarters, braise with butter, and add into pepper, and then braise some Spinach justa tiny bit, and roll these leaves (a couple) in balls and stuff into yellow pepper. You got a meal. Or better yet braise all the stuffings in a skillet, then stuff the yellow peppers and enter them into the oven at about 250 for 15- 20 min. Keep checking them. What a delicious meal.

You can't go wrong with fresh veggies around. They can be your best friend. They can be a life saver especially if you have a garden.Always be creative, and try to think of color too when picking your veggies. I always try to color it up, but I try to keep the five leafy greens a day in mind. Yes lettuce is good for you, but the darker the better. Less moisture. More nutrients.

I hope you all enjoyed reading this article as much as I enjoyed researching for it. Happy gardening .

PS. For those who wonder I started writing this about an hour ago( that's how much I love writing. ) And just think, I haven't even monitized this yet. May not. I just love to write about things I have some experience in.


PS. If you get mentioned on here figure it as a compliment. 
MRBD
2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening