Beets & Cucumbers

Brine. What exactly is that? Well, it's said to be used in cooking to help preserve foods. It is a salt and water mixture. So, in case you wondered, now you know. Knowledge is good. I didn't know that until now. I just never thought about it. I've had gardens, but never canned or anything.Im just mesmerized by the growing process. And seeing it grow boosts my self esteem. Something I've needed for years.

There are delicious beet recipes out there. 
Have you ever had Beet Pickled Eggs??? Oh my gosh! Theres a great recipe on one of the sites I researched. It's noted below. They are not only delicious, but very colorful. They would go perfect with springtime holidays. I'm hungry just thinking about it. 

The other tasty item on the list today from the garden is Cucumbers. Yes, they creep into your life like little weeds on the ground. I bet they'd choke out some weeds. I don't know. Never tried that let alone think of that.

Cucumbers alone makes a lonely cuss. I love sweet pickles though. I looked to see what could be found about pickling cucumbers. And yes there is a wonderful recipe on how to make sweet pickles, and make quite a bunch of other goodies. The site is noted below for those who are interested.

Cucumbers can be pickled, and in a day you could be having several other delicious veggies out of your garden. Please don't forget to make good use of the herbs in your garden too. Be sure to keep some growing for as long as possible to have fresh herbs around. 

To the next on the list: Peas. Land o lakes is the biggie this time with a great buttery flavor to add touch to your fresh Peas, and many other delicious recipes they have in mind, so their site is posted for those of you searching for some recipes that are very tasty. 

There is a wonderful site I've found with fantastic vegetable dishes and uit has 42 veggie recipes your sure to enjoy at your next BBQ. So break out that grill and start cooking it up. While you're at it, why not choose a nice setting in the garden with some citronella candles and a pretty little table. Just the right touch for an evening  dinner.

I hope you all enjoy this article as much as I enjoyed researching things for it. Please stay safe, have fun, and keep on gardening. Thank you for your continued support.


Quick Pickles-Everyday Food - Sarah Carey- YouTube
Landolakes.com
Pickled Eggs with Beets Recipe- tasteofhome.com
The Science of Brining- thescienceofcooking.com




MRBD
2013














Lando lakes.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening