Big Containers, Small Places

I'm not a spring chick, but I'm not old either. Thank God, I'm in between, but since stroke, getting around is a little slower these days. Anyhow, tackling this very little space dilemma, and not much light is a task. Takes some ingenuity and creativity. 

First we'll start with my Dwarf Carrots. Now that they've gotten a little bigger, and need something with more depth, I've decided to put them in the Miracle grow bag for now. These were confused with the scallions I had planted. They were the little buggers with the akfalfa- looking swayback brushed through hair look they had from chasing the light. I posted their style on my page for all.. They are comical. I also posted my comical Peas, which hang on for dear life, and copy each other daily.

Figured people would get a chuckle out of their moves. I've decided on a small trash bin from the store which I'll purchase for my Carrot pals. It will give them the depth which they need, and some more space. It's been more of a challenge being in such small quarters, and not being able to plant in the yard. So, I just make it work some other way.

My scallions are also in the bag, but I'll give them a change of pace with more space this weekend. Celery would do very well in some of the containers which will be vacant. I've chosen to also purchase some cages for the Peas to climb on. Those will be plastic, and it will give them something to be more comical about.

One of the best starters I've stumbled upon yet was a blueberry container, and a strawberry one. I ate the strawberries, was about to throw the container away, and realized it was perfect for starter seeds. It is roomy, has holes for drainage, and if you cut the top off, it can be used underneath for excess drainage. Perfect. And saves waste. A bucket and a few holes made in the bottom would be good for plants as well. It also would be an added benefit that it has a handle. 

I hope you have enjoyed this article as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Thank you to all my readers for their a support. I really appreciate that. 
Happy gardening!

MRBD
2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Plant Sale Is Coming Up Soon!!!

When Your Plant Says: "Gimme some Elbow Room!!!"

The Main Tools You Want For Gardening